UAN or Universal Account Number has become so unavoidable that we cannot ignore its importance. Every UAN related article will guide you to get UAN from your respected employer but what if you are unemployed or haven’t started working yet? You should know your UAN from the first day of the job. If you want to withdraw EPF, transfer EPF or just lodging a complaint, UAN is the most compulsory thing.
Well, according to regular criteria, the cycle goes this – EPFO issues UAN (Universal Account Number) to the employer and then employer provide it to the employee. But sometimes, the employer misplaces UAN or in some cases, does not even reveal it to the employee. For such circumstances, EPFO has introduces the facility of getting UAN online. Either you are a current employee or unemployed, you can use this service freely.
Get UAN Number Online without Employer or Job
UAN Online Registration – Things to remember
- Any Indian Citizen whether he/she is unemployed or employed can easily register UAN online.
- While registration, the user can submit only soft copies of documents.
- KYC documents (Aadhar Card, Pan Card and Bank Details) are required for registration.
- The online registration form is easy to read and easy to fill.
- The user needs to upload a recent photograph and scanned signature.
- The Applicant will receive UAN on mobile.
- No need to visit any EPF office.
Why should I register UAN without Employer intervention?
Now here is the major question – If the employer will provide me with my UAN after getting the job then why I should register UAN before without his/her intervention? What are the benefits?
- Sometimes the employer enters wrong details of employee (such as name, DOB, PAN No. or anything else). According to the old rule, an employer could rectify the details, but now with UAN online portal, the employee can easily rectify his/her details.
- In some cases, the employer is not cooperative and therefore, an employee may face many problems. In such cases, the online registration is like a water in a desert. You can manage your all withdrawals and transactions directly from the EPFO portal.
- When you will apply for UAN online, you have to submit your KYC documents and that too will be verified before submission. Therefore, the chance of wrong details submission is comparatively less.
- If you have your UAN before any job then you can provide it to the new employer and he/she will have to just verify it.
- In short, your EPF account will always remain in your own hands, which means no issue of UAN on changing the job.
Required Documents to Register UAN without Job
- Bank Account number
- Bank IFSC Code
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Recent Photograph
- Scanned Signature Copy
How to apply for UAN registration without the employer?
- Visit the website – epfindia.com
Click on ‘For Citizens’ option under ‘Our Services’
- Now click on ‘Registration for Allotment of UAN’
- Now you have to fill the form. This form has 4 sections – Personal Details, KYC Details, Bank Details and Uploading Photo/Signature. Also, fill all other options.
- After entering the captcha, then click on ‘Generate Authorization PIN’
- You will receive your UAN via SMS. Now with UAN, you can easily activate it from UAN portal.