If you think that your UAN can help you in knowing your EPF balance, then you are absolutely right. We can now easily check our EPF balance using UAN number or other methods. Remember, if you do not have a UAN, you can never check your Provident Fund balance. There are several methods to check EPF balance, so just relax and read. We have listed various epf balance checking methods.
7 Ways Check EPF balance online
So here are various methods by which you can check your EPF balance online.
Check PF Balance status through UAN
- Check PF Balance through UAN – Well, this is one of the most common methods to check EPF balance. You can easily use the UAN to get the status of your EPF account.
If the user has successfully activated the Universal Account Number, then he/she will receive a monthly SMS about your recent available balance and Provident Fund contribution. The full process goes like this –
- Get UAN online or get it from your authorized employer
- Visit the UAN portal and activate your UAN after registering
- The first EPF balance SMS may take 45 days
Check EPF Balance Using Passbook
- Download PF passbook through UAN Portal – UAN portal can help the users in various ways such as downloading the EPF passbook. The Passbook includes the following details of your EPF account –
- Monthly PF contribution of both Employee and Employer
- Contribution of Employer towards Employee pension scheme
- Current EPF balance
- Download PF Passbook through Member Portal – Before the introduction of UAN portal, the member portal of EPF was the only way to download the PF passbook. You can still opt it as an alternate way to check EPF balance. Here are some benefits of choosing the Member Portal –
- In case of forgetting the UAN password or facing any issues in logging the UAN portal, the Member Portal will play the role of a lifeline
- To download the passbook, the member portal does not require any extra information except the PF number
- You have to register with Member Portal in order to check the PF balance. The process of registration is very simple and requires any KYC document for it.
- You can easily download PF passbook after entering the PF number. An OTP would be sent to your current mobile number for verification
NOTE: This facility is not working these days. We recommend you to choose the UAN portal.
Check EPFO Balance using Mobile APP
- EPF Mobile App – Nowadays, we want the app of every service. So, EPFO has launched the Official Mobile Application. You can use it to get many features in a single place like checking the EPF balance, activating UAN and much more. Employees, Employers, and Pensioners can use the same app. In order to check PF account balance, you should submit your registered mobile number and UAN also. To download this app, visit the EPFO website or Google Play Store.
How to Check EPF Status using Missed Call Service
- Missed Call Service of EPF – Nothing can be easier than a simple miss call. The user has to give a missed call to the allotted number. After few minutes, you would receive an SMS with latest EPF balance. Inquiry Number to check PF balance – 01122901406. The SMS would contain the following details.
- Your UAN
- KYC Status
- Date of Birth
- Last Contribution
- PF Balance
Know your EPFO Balance using SMS
- SMS Service to know EPF balance – You can check your PF account balance by sending an SMS. One of the major benefits is that you can view the balance in your own language. If the call service is down, you can use it as an alternative. Type EPFOHO UAN (LANG) and send it to 7738299899.
- UAN Based Member Passbook Download Page – Well, it is a separate portal which can be used to download the member passbook only. Some points that should be cleared –
- You can download the passbook only if you are registered user of EPF Member Portal or UAN portal.
- Your Passbook will be available on the next day after Member Portal registration
Steps you need to follow in order to download member passbook –
- Visit the mentioned link –
- Enter the registered Mobile Number and UAN number. Keep in mind that the mobile number should be same which was registered at UAN Member Portal.
- Click on Login option and then press a button which displays your EPF account number.
- Now you can view or download your EPF Passbook in PDF format.
We hope you have all your doubts cleared. Do check our website for all UAN login queries and doubt.